Franchising in the Bay Area:
Building an Asset Through Business Ownership
Learn how building wealth and equity through business ownership whether you are looking to go fulltime into being a business owner or continue to work while building an asset part-time.
In this workshop, serial entrepreneur and multi-unit franchise owner, Katie Small, will share her experience as a former corporate executive and her transition into business ownership.
You will take away a better understanding of the following:
- How to Build an Asset through Business Ownership
- General Franchise Overview
- Risks and Rewards of Franchising in the California Market
- California Laws and Regulations around Franchising
- How Covid has changed the playing field of business ownership
- Who is a “fit” for franchise ownership?
- The characteristics of an “investor” semi-absentee model
- Hear about financing options
- How to minimize risk
- Enjoy Career Independence
- Build Long-Term Equity of Self-Employment
- Launch a Recession-Resistant Business
- Diversify your Investment Portfolio
- Spectrum of Franchising & Small Biz Ownership
- Explore Franchising Myths & Misconceptions
- Learn the Different Ownership Options
Registration fee $30
About the presenter: Katie Small
Katie has over 18 years of experience in the world of small business. In her corporate career she worked as the Vice President of Small Business focused on M&A. After leaving the corporate world, Katie has helped hundreds of small businesses open their doors in California, many of which were franchises, and has facilitated hundreds of SBA loans. Katie teaches Entrepreneurship at universities across the Bay Area, volunteers with the local SCORE Chapters as well as other local government and non-profit agencies. Katie holds an MBA in Entrepreneurship and Finance and a PhD in Mass Communications and currently owns several small businesses and franchises.